Gone are the days when salespeople traveled from door to door with a briefcase of pamphlets in hand. Technology innovation has changed the marketing game for businesses of all sizes and across all industries, and it’s no different for unified communications providers.
If you want to maximize your marketing ROI and reach more of your target audience, digital marketing is essential. But, what do you need to know before you can successfully sell unified communications in a digital marketing era?
Keep reading to learn how you can adapt to digital marketing trends and win more UCaaS customers.
1. Capitalize on social media marketing
Amplify your online visibility and get your content, brand and UCaaS products in front of more people by posting on social media. If you’re having doubts about the importance of social media marketing, take a look at these statistics:
- Nearly one-third of the world (about 2.3 billion people) uses social media websites regularly.
- Twitter alone has 313 million monthly active users.
- Seventy-two percent of adult internet users use Facebook.
More people than ever are consuming content on social media networks. Expand your reach and drive more traffic to your website by sharing relevant content and updates on social.
Your main focus should be on the main social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Gain the trust and loyalty of your audience by posting regularly to these platforms. Be careful not to overpost. You should post enough that your brand stays top of mind, but not so much that you’re oversharing, and your followers rush to click the dreaded “unlike” button.
Engage with your followers, answer their comments (both positive and negative), and humanize your business by sharing employee spotlights as well as photos and videos from company and industry events. Share your latest blog posts and content offers discussing the benefits of UCaaS.
Get the most out of your social media marketing by only posting to the websites your audience spends time on. Send out a survey asking your prospects and customers what social media networks they use, or simply search the social media websites you’re thinking about joining. Search for relevant keywords and see if UCaaS topics are trending.
2. Leverage the insatiable demand for video content
The demand for video is hotter than ever. Four times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it, and 100 million hours of video are watched every day on Facebook. So, how can you launch a successful video marketing strategy for your UCaaS offering?
Figure out what stories you want to tell before creating any videos. Think about your audience and what they care about.
- Product demo videos - Product demo videos quickly educate your audience about your UCaaS product offering and build trust in your solutions.
- Interviews - Interviews with thought leaders and customers can build trust and credibility in your company.
- Tips and how-tos - These videos are typically less product-centric and help your audience solve their biggest challenges. You could even repurpose past blog posts and turn them into educational videos.
Remember to keep your videos short. Viewers have short attention spans (only eight seconds!). Keep it brief and strip your video marketing content of anything that isn’t necessary.
Above all, always include a call-to-action at the end of your video. Never leave your viewers wondering what the next step is. You could recommend a related video, give contact information to learn more, or promote an upcoming webinar.
3. Optimize your website to increase traffic
Building a strong SEO strategy will help people and search engines find your website and content quickly and easily. Make sure to target the keywords your audience is searching for when writing web page content or any content. Follow these best practices when searching for the best keywords for your company, industry or niche:
- Conduct in-depth keyword research - Get keyword ideas by using research tools, such as Moz’s Keyword Explorer. If you search for a specific keyword in this tool, you’ll see its monthly search volume and how difficult it would be to rank for this keyword.
- Monitor trends - Monitor social media news feeds and Google Trends to see what topics are trending and what your audience is talking about.
- Focus on long-tail keywords - Short-tail, more general keywords see higher monthly search volumes, but they are highly competitive to rank for. You’ll have a better chance of ranking for less competitive, long-tail keywords. Find the long-tail keywords your audience is searching for and the questions they’re asking by using long-tail keyword tools, such as HitTail.
- Scope out the competition - Use tools like SEMRush to see what keywords your competitors are ranking for and if they make sense for your marketing.
Remember to write for human beings, not search engines. Stuffing your content with keywords will only hurt user experience and, in turn, lead to a drop in search engine rankings. Avoid over-optimization and include keywords naturally.
Another way to improve your rankings in search engine results is to provide the best user experience possible. Convince your visitors to stick around by ensuring your website navigation is intuitive and easy to use. Don’t overcrowd your website navigation, and use descriptive labels that clearly communicate what they’ll find when they click on any given item.
Also, don’t underestimate the importance of mobile optimization. More searches are now made on mobile devices than on desktops. If your website isn’t optimized for mobile, visitors are more likely to bounce and go to a competitor for UCaaS solutions. Drive the most website traffic by designing a mobile-friendly and responsive website that displays perfectly on any device.
You pour your heart and soul into your UCaaS marketing efforts. Make sure they’re effective by implementing these digital marketing techniques and reach your customers where they spend most of their time.